Monday 30 March 2009

The Creme Fraiche Challenge - Recipe No 1

When discussing my blog with a friend she requested some recipes using creme fraiche as she often ends up with some leftover when cooking.  I was more than willing to take up the challenge as, when cooking for two, I rarely find a recipe that uses a whole pot and more often than not end up throwing the rest away.

So, the first recipe I was going to cook as part of this challenge was supposed to be a lemon-based pasta dish.  However, the lemon I was relying on to make this had, to put it mildly, seen better days (ok, it was green and furry).  Luckily I already had the necessary ingredients for an alternative dish.

Pasta with Rich Mushroom Sauce
(adapted from Waitrose Magazine)

Serves 4

500g pasta (I like rigatoni for this one)

1 onion, chopped
3 tbsp olive oil
400g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
2 tbsp sherry
200ml creme fraiche
parmesan shavings

1) Cook the pasta in boiling water

2) Fry the onion in the olive oil then add the mushrooms and fry for 2-3 minutes.

3) Add the sherry and simmer for a minute before adding the creme fraiche and warming through.

4) Mix with the cooked pasta and top with parmesan shavings

No comments:

Post a Comment