Friday 2 July 2010

Vegetable Enchilladas


Oh dear, poor neglected blog. I can't believe it's almost a month since my last post. I've been stuck in a bit of a cooking rut of late but I've had a good rifle through some of my cookbooks and earmarked a few ideas to help me rediscover my cooking mojo.

This recipe is one of my stock recipes and is a great way of fitting in a few of your five-a-day without too much trouble. It's another one of those recipes-that's-hardly-a-recipe but worthy of mention nonetheless. It's very straigtforward to assemble and you can adapt it to whatever you have in the fridge or garden. What I've listed below is my standard recipe but you could add anything you like...courgettes, peas etc.


Vegetable Enchilladas
(origin unknown)

1-2 red or yellow peppers
1-2 leeks
1-2 cloves of garlic
Handful of mushrooms
1/2 - 1 cup of sweetcorn, tinned or frozen
Large handful of spinach
6-8 tortillas
Jar of Tomato & Chargrilled Veg Pasta sauce
Grated cheese

1) Preheat the oven to 180c

2) Slice or chop up the veg into bite sized pieces. Heat a splash of olive oil in a large frying pan and add the veg. Cook, stirring regularly, until softened.

3) Pile a spoonful of veg onto a one of the tortillas and fold up (I put the veg on the top half, fold up the bottom of the tortilla then fold in the sides). Place the parcel in a large baking dish and repeat until all the vegetables are used up (6 tortillas are usually enough to fill my large oval baking dish).

4) Spoon the pasta sauce over the top of the tortillas and top with grated cheese. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.

Serves 2-3

3 comments:

  1. this is genious stuff... don't neglect your blog when coming up with stuff like this... I will make these this weekend for the Big V who loves a veggie mexican!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious! My kind of food! Good to see you back with us. Lucie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a break as of late too and it feels good to be back! It's good to see you back blogging again too.

    These Enchiladas look delicious!

    Maria
    x

    ReplyDelete