Tuesday 21 June 2011

Hotel Chocolat - The Summer Desserts H-Box Selection

Hotel Chocolat contacted me recently to tell me about their new Birthday Gifts Collection - a tempting array of chocolatey goodies packaged in a variety of ways and suitable for a range of budgets.

From this little Happy Birthday Message Box.....


...to the guaranteed-brownie-points-earning Summer Picnic Hamper....


...and lots more in between.

Also included in the range are a number of Hotel Chocolat's H-Box Selections, which I'm already a fan of, so I was especially happy when they sent me their Summer Desserts selection to test, taste and review.

This box contains thirteen chocolates all inspired by classic desserts, and at 11 pounds is, I think, reasonably priced. For your money, you get one or two of each of the following:

Eton Mess - Very creamy with a mild hint of strawberry

Coconut Bombe - Smooth and chocolatey with a coconut flavour that wasn't overpowering

Summer Pudding - Very smooth and fruity, I could really taste the raspberries in this one

Chocolate Brownie - A delicious combination of chocolate and praline

Red Berry Mousse - Nice gentle fruity flavours

Chocolate Mousse - Very dark and rich - one for the dark chocolate lovers

Neapolitan - Somehow they managed to capture that slightly fake-but-in-a-good-way strawberry flavour you get in neapolitan ice cream - lovely

Lemon & Passion Fruit Tart - This had a lovely lemony flavour, however I wasn't so keen on the layer of dark chocolate hidden underneath.

All in all I thoroughly enjoyed sampling this selection and would happily recommend them as a present for chocolate-loving friends or family.

Thanks to Hotel Chocolat for sending me this sample to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment