Wednesday 29 June 2011

Ricotta and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta



Does anyone still use sun-dried tomatoes? You hardly ever see them in recipes these days and the once-popular deli counter staple seems to have been almost entirely eclipsed by the sun-blush or semi-dried tomato (which I love by the way). I've had a jar of the sun-dried version sitting in my cupboard for ages and I finally got round to digging it out a few days ago to make this, one of my favourite pasta salad recipes. I haven't made this for ages but now I've been reminded how good it is I think it's going to be my staple BBQ pasta salad recipe for the rest of the summer.

As you can see below the amounts used are not set in stone and can be adjusted to suit your own tastes. I love this when it's freshly made and the pasta is still warm however it still tastes great the next day and any leftovers are perfect for lunch boxes.

Ricotta & Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta

Approx 400g/14oz pasta
250g tub ricotta cheese
7-10 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped or snipped with scissors
grated parmesan cheese
salt & pepper

1) Cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to the pack instructions

2) When cooked, drain the pasta and tip into a large bowl. Mix in the ricotta until the pasta is well covered then stir in the sun-dried tomatoes. Add parmesan, salt and pepper to taste.

Serves anything from 2 to 6 or 8, depending on greed and portion sizes

No comments:

Post a Comment